Assessment regarding the outcomes of academic and cognitive tasks of students
Successes of academic and intellectual task regarding the students are characterized by quantitative and qualitative indicators expressed and recorded by the evaluation.
Assessment of knowledge – definitions and expressions in conditional devices (points), also in evaluative judgments associated with trained teacher of real information, skills and abilities of students prior to the requirements for the curriculum.
Definition of criteria for evaluating the outcomes of cognitive task of pupils
In contemporary pedagogy of senior high school you will find different methods to the definition of criteria for assessing the outcomes of intellectual activity of students. Some scientists propose for the item of evaluation to take the structural aspects of educational tasks, namely:
- Content component – the total amount of understanding of the object of research (relative to curricula, state criteria). Whenever evaluating the next traits of knowledge to be analyzed: completeness, correctness, logic, awareness (understanding, the difference between your primary in addition to secondary); verbalization, this is certainly verbalization (interpretation, explanation); capacity to apply knowledge, etc.
- Operational-organizational component – the capability of this pupil to choose the methods of action in terms of the curriculum associated with the discipline that is evaluatedsubstantive actions); individual psychological faculties, ie ability to compare, abstract, classify, generalize, etc. (mental actions); abilities to investigate, plan, organize, get a grip on the procedure together with outcomes of the duty, basic task (general educational actions). The analysis, along with the correctness, freedom regarding the performance when it comes to novelty ( because of the model, similar, reasonably new), may also be to be analyzed. understanding and verbal design: reproduction (translation), description, application in conditions of novelty, etc.
- Psychological and component that is motivational mindset to study (indifferent, maybe not enough good, interested, expressive customwritings™, positive).
These traits could be taken being a foundation for determining the degree of academic accomplishment, basic criteria due to their assessment and appropriate assessments (in points).
Other criteria for evaluation pupil’s success
The requirements for assessment may be:
- character of assimilation of currently understood knowledge (degree of awareness, durability of memory, volume, completeness and accuracy of knowledge);
- The quality of knowledge discovered by the learning pupil, the logic of thinking, the argumentation, the sequence and liberty associated with presentation, the culture of message;
- amount of mastering already understood types of activity, abilities and skills of application of the acquired knowledge in practice;
- learning the feeling of creative activity;
- quality regarding the work (external design, the speed of execution, diligence, etc.).
Some teachers look at the standard of knowledge to function as criterion that is main evaluation:
- reproductive (knowledge is consciously recognized, fixed in memory and reproducible information that is objective subjects of cognition);
- reconstructive (knowledge is manifested within the willingness and cap ability associated with the student to use them in comparable, standard or variational conditions);
- creative ( students can apply knowledge and effectively assimilated means of acting in non-typical situations).
Today, many educators are developing their very own way of assessing pupils’ knowledge, abilities and abilities. Within the opinion of a few of them, the assessment must certanly be on the basis of the amount and content of mistakes created by the student. They argue their point of view that in some activities a performance without errors and shortcomings is projected by the number that is maximum of, and also for the errors that are made, the score is paid down (gymnastics, acrobatics, figure skating, etc.). Proceeding from such suggestions, some scholars contemplate it expedient to take evaluation that is certain and defects in dental responses and written works well with the evaluation criterion. It’s important to elaborate norms of assessments, this is certainly, to determine the amount of errors and defects that correspond to an assessment that is particular. Requirements and norms of assessments should always be developed for every single educational discipline, consequently, the need for any universal, general assessment requirements vanishes.